Lets step out of the box for a minute. Let’s not do the normal candy, roses, balloons thing. Lets get creative, personal and most importantly as easy as we can this year! The best ideas and gifts are the ones you make yourself and sometime tend to even be the cheapest ones to give!
10 Simple and Great Ideas:
1. An incredibly nice and thoughtful gesture is to write a letter or a poem. You don’t have to be a poet either! Just write down how you feel about the person, how important they are to you. I bet this is way better than a box a chocolates (or at least a close second).
2. Along the lines of a letter is filling a jar with little love notes.
3. Suggest cooking a meal together! Could be a favorite food for both or a new one you can explore together.
4.Walk around a favorite part of town, stopping at a nice local bar for a glass of wine and appetizers. (Perhaps Vino Vino!)
5. Plan a scavenger hunt sending your valentine all around town while you get dinner ready! This might take some time, but your valentine will appreciate the time you put into this idea.
6. Buy them 1 of their favorite flower. Doesn’t need to be an entire bouquet, the important part is to remember which is their favorite.
7. Make a mixed CD of your favorite songs that remind you of that person. Include why you picked those tracks.
8. Pack a lunch and go to the park for a picnic! Lets take it back to our childhood and go swing on the swings.
9. Let the person know you are thinking about them, send email, text, voicemails, and even a letter in the snail mail! Your valentine will know how much you are thinking about them and care.
10. Take your Valentine to San Pedro Square Market! Enjoy good music, food, drinks, and simply enjoy the company of one another.
Here is a rundown of the special offers the Market Tenants will be offering tomorrow night:
Vino Vino is offering 25% off wine pours for ladies
Pizza Bocca Lupo is offering 15% off all desserts
Little Chef Counter is offering a 3-course prix fixe: House Salad, Pan-roasted Salmon, and White Chocolate Bread Pudding for $24/person from 5pm-close.
Bad Ideas: Don’t forget! As much as your valentine might say they really don’t care what you do if anything at all, which might be true, still take the time to let that person verbally know how important you are to them. Valentines day or not, this is not a bad idea. Also, don’t do something that you know your valentine doesn’t care for. Try to be considerate even with the minor details. There might be a Sharks game on that night, or a new Glee on, but lets try to think of the other person for a change guys!